Consider the style of your
wedding and reception.
- Do you want a DJ, live music or soloist?
- Make sure who you select is experienced and professional.
- Ask for references and a cassette or video of their
- The entertainment should be able to provide back up equipment, a copy
of their insurance, a written contract specifying the details and a
- Determine if you will hire a wedding band, DJ or soloist.
- Check reception site for any music restrictions.
- Will special effects be provided? Make sure your contract states this.
- Sign contract and pay deposit.
- Confirm with your entertainment company; the date, time and locations.
- Are there special needs to coordinate with the reception site? If so make sure you make your receptoin site aware of them.
- Select music for each area of the ceremony and reception.
- Coordinate sequence of events with the entertainment company.
- Will your entertanment company act as Master of Ceremonies?
- Pay balance.
Music Selections to consider
- Prelude selections
- Candle/Rose/Sand background music
- Receiving line selections
- Bride & Groom's arrival at reception
- First Dance
- Dance Music
- Tossing the bouquet
- Throwing the garter
- Last Dance
Start planning in your city