- Start planning your color scheme by first selecting
one dominant color like gold, silver, black, or white. Then you can
incorporate any other color to jazz it up.
- Plan a formal affair and have your guess come
in tuxedos and evening formalwear. Contact your favorite formal ware
salon and pre-arrange a discount for your guest should they need to
- Provide horns and hats in the later evening. If
you put them out to early, guest may misplace them or may used them
during a time when you want their attention.Balloons, confetti, and
champagne glasses are festive New Year's motifs.
- Timing is everything when your having a New Year's
Eve wedding . As most venues offer a 6 hour window. You will want
to start your event at 8:00 p.m - 1:00am. This will give you time
to in ring in the New Year before you have to end the party.
- If your are planning on serving a full dinner
you may want to remind your guest to grab a dinner snack early evening,
but come hungry for dinner. As most people are health conscious, you
may want to provide a light menu and consider a shorter cocktail time.
Limit your cocktail reception to 30 minutes rather than an hour. This
way dinner can be served no later than 8:30pm.
- You may want to consider having light food stations
rather than a full dinner. Schedule food from 8pm - 10 pm. Don't forget
the dessert. You may want to set dessert out by 11:00pm. Consider
a Espresso coffee bar station through- out the evening.
- When considering a New Years Eve party consider
pre-arrange lodging for guest at hosted or nearby hotel or pre-arrange
transportation to get guest home from event safe and sound.